Oklahoma City Date Night at iFly OKC
Looking to change up date night? iFly OKC is the perfect activity! iFly OKC was kind enough to invite us to experience it this past week.
Our lives become so monotonous very quickly. Therefore, it’s important to change up your daily life routine, and even your date night! Try something fun and different! iFLY OKC was a perfect date to shake things up.
While Colton may be embarrassed of me saying this, it was super fun to see him in this carefree, playful spirit. He was so excited and I could easily picture him as a cute little boy, around the age of 5 ready for his turn. I probably looked the same when it was my turn. It was a special activity to experience together.
We both loved how we could experience sky diving without literally jumping out of an airplane. While one day I may be a braver soul, this was about the extent I could reach for now.
So? What’s iFLY really like? If you’re like me and want to know exactly what the experience entails before signing up, I’ll fill you in.
iFLY OKC Experience Step-by-Step
- A trained flyer will give you a quick tutorial and you will watch a 5 minute training video. You will have the chance to ask any questions, but it’s surprisingly more self explanatory than you would think.
- Get into your super cute gear. (take pics!)
- Enter the wind tunnel with your group.
- Enter one at a time with the trained flyer. You are in the tunnel for about 2 minutes.
- Exit and watch everyone else in the group get their turn.
- Enjoy the wind tunnel one more time. The second time is the best because you know what to expect and go high up into the tunnel and know more about what to expect.
- You are a flyer!!
Not only is it incredible to experience, it is fun to watch others experience it too. You are essentially in a glass wind tunnel and can easily see people through the glass on the other side.
Don’t worry, a trained flyer is helping you at all times and won’t let anything bad happen, no matter how unexperienced you are, you’re safe! At the end, the trained flyer puts on a quick show and amazes you with their skills.
Birthday Parties at iFLY OKC
While I won’t be hosting any kid birthday parties for a number of years, I’ll remember this activity for the time that I do. They had the cutest room for little kiddos to have birthday parties. Heck, it could be a cool birthday well into adulthood. It would be quite a step up from the smelly bowling alley where kids used to have their birthday parties back in my day.
iFLY is also passionate about educating children on the physics of the air tunnels and regularly host school field trips. They are huge advocates of STEM and have gotten behind the initiative providing wonderful learning activities to learn about the wind speed, gravity, etc. (don’t ask me specifics!) 😉
Comment below why you want to experience iFLY OKC! Winner will be selected at random and I’ll send you $40 off your first flight!