December 2016 is my favorite month and year to date. Why you might ask? I married my best friend, Colton, after what felt like the longest engagement in the history of courtship AND I became a dog mom. Or should I say a tiny puppy mom?
Becoming a Wife –
The day before the wedding my aunt had a wonderful lunch honoring me and my wedding party. We ate at the Metro and enjoyed their delicious food and a few mimosas. Salmon never fails to be my chosen option. We also had an incredible sorbet at the end to tide me over until the wedding cake 😉
After lunch I relaxed until the rehearsal at the church. I must say I was surprised by how calm I was! The rehearsal went very smooth and was painless. Following the rehearsal we were off to Dinner, taking place at Waters Edge Winery. Colton did an amazing job planning it and Rococo catering did not disappoint. The night passed quickly and I was trying my best to “take it all in” and remember every single moment. The speeches were all so sweet and one was quite hysterical. Good job Best Man, Made of Honor, Daddy and cuz!
Once the last toasts were made, the last glasses were drunk, and the goodbyes were said, I was headed home to sleep in my childhood bed for the last time as a single lady.
The wedding was magical, I couldn’t have dreamt up anything more wonderful. From the beautiful flowers and decor, to the mouthwatering chocolate cake, to the handsome gentleman waiting for me at the end of the aisle, it was an absolute dream. I was never one to plan my wedding as a little girl, but if I had, I’m sure it wouldn’t have been half as wonderful as reality.
- Wedding Planner: Judy Lehmbeck was incredible and planned nearly the entire thing!! None of it would have happened without her!!
- Dress: Moliere Bridal. I just adored it! The dress had buttons going all down the back with crystals in between. It reminded me of little snowflakes 😛
- Bridesmaids Dresses: My bridesmaids dresses were found at market by my momma, Cindi from R Meyers. They were a beautiful deep green that looked incredible on my girls!
- Shoes: Stuart Weitzman. The heel height was perfect for me! I didn’t have to worry about being uncomfortable, and they gave me just enough height!
- Makeup: Beauty by B. I adored my makeup! I felt like it was the perfect amount of makeup, which can be hard to conquer for brides. I wanted to look natural, except with my features a little more dramatic. I was super happy with the finished product. I wore Double Wear Lipstick that lasted so well throughout the night, highly recommend.
- Hair: McKenzie, one of my bridesmaids, did a phenomenal job on my hair and was so sweet throughout the evening to touch it up when needed. I did not let my dress stop me from dancing so it definitely needed some help 🙂
- Photographer: Rachel Photographs. Wow oh wow was she incredible! She was so chill and relaxed and the energy rubbed off on me in a great way.
- Flowers: Tony Foss. From the bouquets, to the boutonniere, to the reception, all the flower creations took my breath away! They were so gorgeous and he really made my wedding into a Winter Wonderland.
- Thank Yous and Snapchat Filter: My sweet friend Amy Grellner, who happens to be one of the best designers I know, was so sweet and designed my filter and a “thank you note” that was placed on the tables. She is incredible and it was the perfect personalized touch!
- Food and Cake: Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club.
Big thank you to all of my wonderful family and friends who helped make this wedding wonderful!!
Here are some of my wedding highlights…
Getting ready with the encouragement of all your best friends is the ultimate confidence booster. I don’t think I will ever feel prettier or better than I did that day. With every tiny addition to my makeup, or hair, or wardrobe, my sweet friends would whoop and holler filling my head with all sorts of compliments.
Walking down the aisle and seeing “the look!” I had thought of what his look might be and couldn’t wait to see! I had bets going with myself wondering if he’d cry or remain his strong and steady self. The first dance was a moment to treasure forever; I felt like a Disney Princess with her Prince Charming starting our happily ever after.
The perfect dinner and room filled with all my favorite people. The long dinner table in the center of the room held my entire wedding party. With my husband to my right, sister in front of me, and best friends surrounding me, I’d never felt more loved. Not to mention the beautiful gigantic Christmas tree that deserves a random shout out.
The wedding whirled by even though I was trying to savor every moment. Just like that, we were headed out, confetti flying, and off to an amazing honeymoon in Argentina. More details to come on that in another post soon 🙂
So happy to officially be Mrs. Cumbie! What is your favorite wedding memory, or what is a must-have for your future wedding?