I am so excited to introduce Erika Oliveira, a fabulous health and wellness coach in Oklahoma City! I mean, how fabulous is she?! She’s always so happy and makes you never want to disappoint her! Is that the secret to being such a great coach?! 😉
Finding amazing women, becoming their best friends, and sticking with them helps me to be my best self. This is a great piece of advice for anyone looking to make a positive change. Surround yourself with the right kind of inspiring, encouraging people and you will be in good shape, and in this case, literally.
Erika Oliveira, founder and creator of 413 Fitness, is killin’ it and probably one of the only health and wellness coaches I would want to work with because she is challenging, but isn’t going to drop you when you mess up. Not only is she super kind and fun to be around, she can whip you into shape and help you reach your goals in a healthy way.
I got to train with her the other day and learned some great tips and even adjustments to my form! I was surprised by some of the slight tweaks she made to common moves I do on a regular basis, like the military press and deadlifts, which I thought I had down pat.
Alright, let’s get to know this #GirlBoss better!
1) Let us in on 413 Fitness!
413 fitness focuses on people’s fitness journey not just for the 30-60 minutes they train in the gym but for the other 23 hours they have in the day. I hold my clients accountable, teach them how to eat good food and give them creative options in the gym. As a health and wellness coach, I don’t give up on or fire clients when they feel like they’ve failed. Instead, I motivate them and help hit the reset button. This creates long lasting results.
413 fitness is based off of Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” I am so grateful for the opportunities God has put in my path and want to continue to serve in this aspect as well.
2) What made you get started in the industry?
I believe everyone should have at least one hobby that they are passionate about, stems creativity and makes them money. I’ve been an athlete my entire life and worked in the fitness industry as a hobby for almost 10 years. My hands on, real talk, 24/7 accountability style of health and wellness coaching appeals to people. The desire to help others reach their goals grew so strong that my corporate career was taking a backseat and I knew I needed to choose one or the other. I took a leap of faith and started 413 Fitness!
3) What are your goals for your business? For your training?
From day one its just been listening to God and what he wants from me. I have a strong circle of female entrepreneurs that I keep very close and brainstorm with. I want to keep most of my clientele online so that I am able to help people quicker and be more efficient with my business.
I’m a firm believer that women don’t compete, they lift each other up; so I LOVE networking with other businesses and showing off what services they provide.(!!See she’s the best! Can I get an Amen, y’all?!)Eventually, I would like to expand and bring other women on to the 413 team but that’s in due time.
4) Any quick tips for people to tone fast?
The biggest scam in the fitness industry is the word “fast.” Nothing happens fast. If someone tries to sell you something that will “work fast” run the opposite direction. The only thing that will help you achieve your goals is consistency in the kitchen and gym. The time frame is up to you. The harder you work, the faster you’ll get there.
I offer a 90 day nutrition plan and a 90 day workout plan as I have seen my clients adapt a healthier lifestyle in that time frame.
5)What’s your favorite type of workout?
Barre, plyo and weightlifting have always been my favorite styles to incorporate but in the past couple of years I’ve added on boxing and yoga.
Erika Oliveira’s Recommended 6 Moves to Tone Entire Body with Little to No Equipment
Erika recommended some of her favorite moves for me to share with you all. These six moves require little to no equipments – so no excuses 😉 These exercise moves are great for travel, at home, or in the gym.
1. Resistance band- These are great to have because you can easily travel with them and increase the weight often without weighing you down.
- Bicep curls. Using a resistance band slowly bring your arms up and slowly bring them back down to your sides. Really focus on only working those biceps. Don’t be calling on your other muscles to help the biceps out.
- Glute Bridge. These bridges are great for the glutes and hamstrings and you will most certainly feel the burn. You can choose to do with or without the resistance bands. The band adds great resistance though and will help you grow that booty.
2. Dumbbells. Every woman should have one set of dumbbells at their house to pull out and use on the fly. It might sound crazy, but just a little arm workout in between tasks can make a huge difference.
- Military press. Military press is one of my favorite moves because it tones the shoulders and arms beautifully. Erika coached me to hit the two of the weights at the top. All these years I’ve always kept them separated. I noticed a difference in the move and let me just say, game changer.
- Dead lifts. Yet another move that I have done incorrectly. I overextend on my glute squeeze at the top versus going straight up and squeezing. It’s going to be a hard habit to break but so worth it. It was one of those things I would mention in teaching but never think it was me overextending. Ooops.
3. Body weight. You don’t need anything to do planks or wall sits so you can literally do these moves anywhere.
- Plank variation. There’s nothing not to love about planking. Planks hit all your muscles and get that stomach toned fast. I love to get as straight as a board as possible and challenge myself to hold even 5 seconds longer each time.
- Wall sit. Erika rudely was putting a weight on my legs in this photo, but you can do it without.
Congrats to her by the way on taking the giant leap of starting this business, sooner than she had planned, but so worth it and clearly meant to be. We know that you will do awesome babe!
Do you have a coach, or a friend that helps hold you accountable for your health and fitness goals? Who is it? And if you don’t, you should!