Tara, from Treble in the Kitchen, and I did a blog takeover today! I’m so excited to introduce Tara and know that you guys will love her recipe, and her blog! Go check out my guest post on Tara’s blog too!
Hello, A Latte Lipstick readers! I’m Tara, and I blog over at Treble in the Kitchen. On my little corner of the internet I enjoy sharing tasty and nutritious recipes, workouts that can be done at home or at the gym, details about my journey to becoming a Registered Dietitian, and bits and pieces of my life.
Today, I’m sharing a recipe with you for one of my all-time favorite ways to start the day. A smoothie bowl!
I love that by blending fruits, frozen spinach and a bit of nut milk I can create a nutritious meal (snack or dessert!) that is pretty much the consistency of melty ice cream.
If you haven’t ever tried slurping your smoothie with a spoon, now’s your chance! I hope you all enjoy the recipe ☺
Green Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- 1 ½ cups frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- about 1 cup frozen spinach
- ¾-1 cup macadamia nut milk (any milk should work here!)
- Toppings (optional): granola, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, fruit, nut butter, whatever sounds good!
Green Pineapple Smoothie Bowl Directions
- Combine all ingredients, except the toppings, in a blender and blend until the desired consistency.
- You may need to stop the blender and jostle things around with a spoon in order to “get things going.”
- Pour the smoothie into your favorite bowl, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Let us know what you think of the recipe below in the comments!